Friday, July 3, 2009

demons and angels

I believe right now at this very moment there is a spiritual battle for my dad's soul. He has still be heart hard to the Gospel, I think he knows in his head that Jesus is God, and has yet to accept Christ in his heart. That truely scares me.

He keeps telling me about a dream he keeps having. My mom says its " just the medication talking" but what if it is not? He says he is in a stone jail chained against the walls, bound in chains both his hand and his feet, and these "things" that he describes at this point sound an awful lot like demons are on each side of him, laughing at him, mocking him and then he says each time as they are about to kill him he wakes up.

a coincidence? the drugs? maybe.

but honestly I think he is so weak, and he is surrounded by so many of your prayers that there could very well be demons by him torturing his unquiet mind. He is not open to hearing the Gospel from me. They are at a point where the cancer is progressing much faster than they anticipated, he may have had a heart attack last weekend- but on Tues they didnt think he would make it through the day. but he did.

but there was something about tuesday that WAS different. On Tuesday a pastor I had spoken with stopped by and prayed for him. And everyone else is saying that after he came, things started to improve but their reasoning is that it was because by then he knew I was coming and a guy that is like a son to him was on the way too. I dont think that had anything to do with it. I think for just a moment, on a day when he should not have breathed for another 5 hours - the bondage of the enemy was broken for just a few minutes because of your prayers.

My dad asked me to stay with him last night, so I have slept at the hospital tonight. He said that once I came and while I am there his "dreams don't come back" and he can sleep. A coincidence? I don't think that whatever thing he is battling can stand in the prescence of any true believer in Christ and that because God has allowed me to come and I am standing in the gap in prayer for my dad that somehow, someway those creatures in his dreams flee in the presence of the light of Christ. yesterday afternoon while I was gone the pastor had also come to visit and dad shared that those visions were gone while he was there too, but it felt like at all other times that they were still there holding him down in chains.

keep praying. There is an enemy and he is very real. In the quiet you can almost feel the spiritual warfare surrounding him, but I am still here praying for his salvation. Please join me and keep praying!

By the way, since Tues he has had a remarkable turnaround and while he is still very sick he is eating again and has gained some limited movemnet in his legs again. The doctor said he could be here another few weeks or even a few months with how much better he is doing. I think God has given him one more chance to come to HIM. Just because God is that good. Salvation is a gift- pray my dad accepts it.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am in the midst of a study on spiritual warfare and the authority God has given us as believers to win the battle.
There is no coincidence in what your father is experiencing. It is 100% spiritual warfare! There is a battle going on for your father's spirit and what he is experiencing is very real.

I encourage you to continue to stand in the gap and in the name of Jesus speak God's word over your father.

praying.........

Holly Hochstetler
www.ghochstetler.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I'm sorry that I am just reading this now....but I will be committing this to some heavy duty prayer...*promise* ((hug)) Heather

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I know an individual who was haunted with very realistic dreams or rather nightmares prior to his being saved. He was very scared and felt the exhaustion of each dream that felt the devil was attacking him and the way God responded to him being a sinner. He saw the very real truth of being in bondage/sin. It sounds like that your dad is dealing with something similar. Obviously, I am not there and can't speak for sure, but God is not going to allow his word to return void. You could be reaching hosptial staff or your own mother. Stand firm and continue wearing the armor. BTW way what are you naming that baby?