Sunday, September 21, 2008

A message just for me…

God knew I was ready to give up, give up on homeschooling, give up on church, maybe even already given up walking with Him day by day and keeping my eyes fixed on Christ.

So on Sunday, as we arose, the climate was different. Everyone woke up by 7, chores were done, the kids ate breakfast, all before 8! No hassles- strange. Today there was no fellowship as it was cancelled because of my “needing to rest”…. Which freed us up, we knew we all still needed a church message. So we all got dressed, quickly and without any discord. And we went to church. the church we had left to go into ministry elsewhere. The church with the Pastor that counselled us when things began to unravel while in ministry at that other church. The church the kids & I had longed to return to for the past few months.

The message was written just for me.

It was a passage from Hebrews 12:1-3

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.”

And here is what I realized. I was ready to give up the race, ready to give up on life, maybe even ready to give up and perhaps even compromise in my walk with Christ- but that is not what Christ wants of me. My focus has been “off” a bit, funny how a series of trials can completely derail a Christian – even one like me who seems to generally have it together …yeah right! So I am refocusing back on HIM! And I know that seems simple, but it really is simple. I need to focus and study Christ in order to get the rest of our lives back in order.

Today was exhausting and challenging and exciting all at the same time. I truly felt welcomed back into the arms of a family today, despite any apprehension any of us felt as we drove into the parking lot of our old church. God truly directed our steps throughout the day, I will continue to pray for his will in all this, not our own.

Hope you celebrated the Lord’s Day with the One who calls you His own!

<><

Jennifer

No comments: