Monday, January 26, 2009

Winds of change are coming

“ I have some good news and some bad news… I’ll tell you when I get home.”

Those were the words my husband spoke to me tonight just before he left work and headed home. The last time he spoke those words he had orders.

He has orders.

This time though, it’s different. He turned down orders to NC. For many reasons but mostly because we own this house. And we bought it 3 years ago for far more than it is worth today. And selling it in the current market certainly won’t happen.

He took orders in Oceanside. He will be a geobachelor, a weekend dad, traveling back and forth from home to work. He will- once again- be deployable.

He needs a new car. A computer. Probably countless other things I am not thinking of.

The kids and I took it hard. And then I remind myself we will still see him on weekends. Unless. He deploys. And we have been through that too. And even survived. And I am reminded of words I have spoken to so many going through a trial, or a deployment, or a discouraging time… NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS GOD. IS.IN.CONROL.

So for now we hold onto hope. Cling to our church family. Trust that the times when we are alone Jesus himself will hold us in His arms. Paint the house. Complete the kitchen and the floors and the list goes on. We will keep busy. We are a Marine Corps family. We are stronger than we think, and braver than we believe… and…

No matter what happens God IS in CONTROL.

(someone may need to remind me of this in the coming weeks, months and years)

2 comments:

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Ouch. That hurts. I'm really sorry. I know it sucks having to be stronger than you think you can be. But Jesus is strong even when we're weak. . . . I'll ask him to be strength for you.

Anonymous said...

bummer. can you all not rent out? I am so sorry you all are gonna have to do that commute stuff. How far is oceanside from there?