Friday, September 18, 2009

pebbles in my pocket



Yesterday I was reminded of a story my pastor in NC used to share....

when we have troubles in our life, they are very much like pebbles in our pocket, as we come to the Altar we need to lay our pebbles down, problem is often times we have grown so accustomed to how those pebbles feel in our pocket, we are so reluctant to leave them all behind that we pick one or two back up as we walk away from the alter instead of leaving them at the feet of Jesus.


My life at the moment is full of pebbles (Frank says they are boulders)

The size of the rock however is not what matters. What matters is whether or not when I lay the trouble, burden, load at the feet of Jesus...do I truely leave it there? Or have I grown so accustomed to how the rock feels in my pocket that I slip it back in my pocket as I leave the alter?

1 comment:

Joey's Girl said...

i like the story of the pebles... i mean the bolders! hehe