Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Do what HE calls you to do

Moving back to the desert was supposed to be easy. A perfect fit. One size fits us. A complete package....

But instead it has been wrought with uncertainty, a hint of lonliness, and has left me questioning why God led us back here... granted it hasnt been long and I did have a baby & I am still buried a bit in the unpacking process....

But we have been fellowshipping at a new church.... & last Sunday & tonight I have been hit squarely in my heart by the words that was taught.

I need to stop walking in the flesh. Remember how to be a disciplemaker. and you might be thinking you? You havn't forgotten. But I would say.. yes... I have. I am very willing to make an investment in a child or teen or even another person... but to be a disciplemaker I have to be willing to walk in the trenches with them and even get a bit messy... and I AM willing... but not always when they need me.
I need to dig deep & be a person of prayer. The Word of God is eternal.
I should be investing my life in the Word of God, Jesus & people.
And I was faced with the questions... am I investing in those 3 things...

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I need to change my behavior.

As I told this to my daughter she said... "but mom, we are better than most people" and I said.. that is not good enough. Its not about comparison. Its about loving Jesus so much that you cannot imagine not obeying His Word. It isn't an obedience based out of legalism... but one based out of a deep love.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I should be equipped for every good work.

Truth is as a believer in Christ if I am not equipped to be kind and tenderhearted, willing to lend a hand or offer an ear to listen or even speak the truth in love or share the Gospel then I am not living for Jesus....

James 1:21-22 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Accept the Word & DO WHAT it says to do.

Don't be self deceived, don't think I am better than anyone ... but if I have the knowledge of what I should do as a christian and do nothing with it... does that even make me useful? And if I don't share the good news with others ... does that make me much use to God's kingdom?

READ the Word of God. This is so simple and yet so easy to skip. in the daily hustle & bustle of life.. how easy to just say ...oh I will read it tomorrow... and how many tomorrows does it take before we do read God's Word?

I was reminded that if I am not careful I will take in just enough of the Word to be immunized by it's truth, which at some point will render me not entirely useless but certainly a baby needing to feed off other people who have a stronger walk with Christ than I do. I need to be memorizing scripture. I need to be intentional about studying and hearing the Word of God.

It's not easy.

But what if the reflection people see of me doesn't reflect Christ & I call myself a believer in Christ?

I am not saying I can achieve perfection. I can't and thank goodness for grace. But what if I did take God's Word so seriously that the life I lived did become a direct reflection of God's Word. How would that change me?

AM I willing to submit & find out?

No comments: