Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Parent's Prayer

a lot of "Stuff" has happened this week. And last night as I got a drink of water from the kitchen I looked up at the prayer that hangs upon my wall above the sink. Today, I would like to share that prayer with you.

Lord,
as I live this day,
renew in me the ability to laugh
at my childrens antics;
the time to share
their moments of pride;
the need to praise
their seperate strengths;
the faith to trust
their growing judgement;
the patience to understand
their changing moods;
the virtue to forgive
their disrespect;
the openness to learn
their ways and styles;
the ears to hear
what they are saying;
the insight to embrace
their doubtsw and fears;
the tenderness to understand
their broken dreams;
and the wisdom to accept
that their lives are built
just one day at a time.
Amen

May I be reminded of that each and every day, that I have only been entrusted with their care. Never let me hurt them or take them for granted- they are for God's glory not mine. Help me to be a godly mom and show them Christ's love no matter what else happens in our lives.

No comments: